Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 16!!!! Avocado!!!


Baby is the size of an AVOCADO!!!!!!!!!!!  This has to be one of my favorite foods of ALL time!!  I can eat one plain, on a salad, in a soup, stuffed with chicken...they are fantastic...HOWEVER, my favorite way to eat it (which is probably the same for everyone is...) in guacamole!!!!

My twist on GUAC is below.  Does anyone else have their favorite way to make it?

Guacamole Silli Style-

Ingredients:

2 Avocados
2 Roma Tomatoes (seeded)
1 fresh jalapeno (seeded)
1/2 white onion diced
2 cloves fresh chopped garlic
Fresh Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Seasoning Salt
Worcestershire Sauce
Cumin

I make my guacamole to taste, so as you go, if you think it needs a little this or that...feel free to add!  Mash your avocados, then add garlic, cumin, seasoning salt and mix.  Add lime juice, a little at a time, until you like the flavor (be careful not to add too much, you can always add, you can never take away).  Then add a splash or two of worcestershire sauce (I love this.  It adds a little bit of smokiness and something special :).  Lastly fold in the tomato, onion, and jalapeno...right before you plate squirt just a tiny bit of lemon juice over the top (the lemon keeps it from turning brown...for some reason the acid in the lemon is more effective than lime).  Serve with chips, tacos, or jicama (my favorite) and enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious--I am definitely going to have to try it this way! My go to is just avacado plus mild Picante sauce (but that's just cause it is too easy to be true!) I am going to try this seriously the next time I make guac!!!

    ReplyDelete